Friday, February 24, 2012

Day 5 - P90X -Legs & Back

Today I was raring to go! Started with Ab Ripper X. Still doing in-and-outs instead of crunchy frog and not lifting my legs for mason twists. Made it through the first set of bicycles before I took a break. I can do all of the oblique v-ups laying on my left side that use my right obliques but not the first set. Next week I am setting a goal of not pausing until the 15th rep in any exercise. I can tell that my weak spot is being able to balance with my hands off the ground (only 2 modified moves involve the same form). Need to figure out how to work on that.
Legs & Back - Wow! That is a workout. If I hadn't been doing an all legs workout prior to this I wouldn't be able to do it. Had trouble with wall sits - both of them! Other than that I think I already need to up my resistance for bands on the pulls. First time through I did them as rows with my body perpendicular to the pull and the second time through I did them as lat pull-downs similar to a pull-up with my back in line with the resistance. I went to the sports store and had a discussion with. The "fitness expert" Ted, who let me in on the idea that the closer I get to my own weight in resistance the more likely it is that I will not be able to hold myself down and will need to work into the pull-up. Today I burned 915 + 240 = 1155 calories. Way to bring it!

No comments:

Post a Comment