Sunday, March 4, 2012

Week 2 - P90X


Fourteen days behind me. I have done two weeks of the P90X Extreem Home Fitness program. Here are my reactions this week:

Ab Ripper X - Still doing this first and doing all of the reps. I made it through the first three exercises without pausing and can go to 15 on most exercises before I finally have to hit pause. I have tried to lift my legs during crunchy-frog and mason twist, but have had a little more trouble with these. Since this upcoming week will be the end of the first cycle and I will not do ARX during the recovery week that is scheduled for week 4, I will work even more intently on performing as many crunchy-frogs as I can and will lift one leg during mason twist.

Chest & Back - did 12 of all of the push-up exercises. This week 15 is the goal.

Yoga X - did the first 45 minutes of asanas and the last 15 minutes of stretch and savanana and the ohms. The goal this week is to skip the balance and the leg stretches and do the yoga belly 7 plus the end that I did last week.

Kenpo X - biggest problem of the week! I still can't figure out the star blocks. They get me so flustered that I stand there bewildered while they are working.

I wish that I had somewhere to mount a pull-up bar. The bands are ok. I can increase the resistance, but for the cost of increasing the resistance I can buy a cheap bar. I will only be able to get so far with the bands even with more resistance. Eventually the resistance will be more than i weigh and I will not be able to pull it towards me. Looking forward to the final "work" week of the first training block. I want to weigh but have decided to wait until I have completed the entire phase including the recovery week and weigh/measure/take pictures at the 30 day mark. Keep pushing play.

No comments:

Post a Comment