Monday, July 4, 2011

The Fourth of July


What a weekend. Saturday I got my Personal Fitness Trainer's certificate in the mail. I studied for three months through the National Exercise & Sports Trainer's Association (NESTA). Getting the certificate was quite a thrill. I have no clue what I will do with it. I definitely can use the information to help me train for my events, but maybe I can use it to help someone else obtain their goals. To go from an extremely overweight person to someone that is certified to train other people is amazing! Whod'a thunk it?

Today was the Firecracker 5K held in my local town. It started at the high school track and travelled around town and back for another lap around the track to complete. I found the pressure of participating in an event to be more than I expected. Somehow, when I run in the morning, it doesn't feel the I am being pushed. This morning's run - although I didn't seem to run much faster than I usually do - was quite a challenge! I completed the 5K in just under 34 minutes. I will look to improve this time before the Triathlon. All-in-all this was a great weekend for fitness.

No comments:

Post a Comment