Saturday, July 2, 2011

Couch to 5K

Running - that intolerable exercise that separates the fit from the rest of us. There is no way that I can run a mile - or is there? This is where I started in late 2010 - unable to run, and convinced that I was doomed to stay there. That is until I found Couch To 5K. This program starts with the participant running for one minute at a time alternating with walks in workouts about a half hour in length. I timed the program's completion to coincide with my 40th birthday. A little at a time the program increases the run time and decreases the walk time until... Tah Dah in the final week you run for 30 minutes without stopping. Imagine my surprise and increase in self-esteem when I actually did it! Of course, I did the whole thing on a treadmill in the gym early in the morning throughout the winter.But I did it!

No comments:

Post a Comment